Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance may also limit your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage caused by you or your family members.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. This is important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you would need financial assistance to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, the liability protection and medical coverage provided by homeowners insurance may help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft or vandalism, you can be reimbursed for your loss.
- If you have a mortgage on your home, your lender will more than likely require your home to be insured.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods and poor maintenance. You must buy a separate policy for flood insurance. Maintenance-related problems are generally not covered. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent:
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that might influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company you are proposing have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- Are there any discounts available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What is the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)