Open Position: Commercial Lines Producer for Construction | Department: Insurance
This position is sales-oriented position and requires advanced communication skills, a thorough knowledge of
insurance products available through the agency. The individual in this position must be capable of pursuing and
closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts and retaining assigned book of commercial lines
The ideal candidate for this role has deep sales experience in the Construction industry in Florida, especially the Tampa Bay region. You may have previously worked as a vendor serving contractors or in new home sales, for example. You are fluent in the “construction” language even if new to the world of insurance. As part of your training, Boyd Insurance will cover the costs of education and license fees, as well as providing robust training on systems and software.
Benefits available for this role include a minimum of $60,000 base pay for the first two years of empoyment with transition to commission. You own your book of business which offers residual benefits from renewals. The company will cover your industry association dues and other expenses.
- Achieve objectives established in annual producer sales plan.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments.
- Survey prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products and records.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
- Work with service person or marketer to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Introduce service person to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service-related calls to assigned service person.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
- Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration listing with service person to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and renewing a 2-20 Property and Casualty Agent license with the State of Florida.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Ideal candidate knows language/local industry.
- Proven ability to pursue and close sales.
- Three or more years of experience in business-to-business sales is preferred.
- Ability to learn and utilize company-approved software and business system applications.
- Ability to analyze data, insurance policies, loss runs, and financial statements.
- This is a public contact position that requires appropriate business apparel.
- Responsibilities include travel to local client and carrier locations during the work day, as well as occasional out of town travel.
- Candidate must have insured vehicle and be legally eligible to drive to client meetings.
If you are the type of person that wants to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today!
The statements contained in this job description reflect the general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.