What Types of Insurance Coverages Are Needed for a Mobile Home / RV Park?
Mobile Home RV Parks are unique. Many people are drawn to a mobile home community or RV park because of the activities, fellowship, and affordability. Proper insurance is essential to keep yourself and community protected in case of a lawsuit or property damage. Staying informed about insurance is an important aspect of park management.
A unique industry requires unique insurance coverages from a unique agent.
RV Park & Mobile Home Park Insurance is Unique
Unlike a traditional Apartment or Condominium Association, Board of Directors or Park Owners are responsible for unique characteristics and exposures within their Community. This can include community buildings, management offices, utility lines, roads, fences, recreational facilities, and community activities & events. Insurance should cover buildings and exposures that do not belong to the unit owner or renter.
For the best advice on your particular park situation, speak with an insurance agent that understands the uniqueness of a mobile home park. They will be able to assess your business needs and help you find the best insurance package to cover your Community. Boyd Insurance & Investments Services Inc has the industry experience and is here to help ensure your community has the right insurance protection.
Potential Liabilities & Risks
Listed below are some of the liabilities you may need to be covered:
- Plumbing issues
- Hurricane evacuation activities
- Slip & Falls
- Environmental damages
- Volunteer work days
- Bingo and Card Games
- Swimming pools
- Potlucks & Community dinners
- Golf Cart use
- Dogs & other pets
- Organized recreational activities such as horseshoes, billiards, fitness, shuffleboard and the like.
Specific Policies to Consider
Not every policy will fit your community but here are a few you may want to consider for your business:
- Workers Compensation — This policy covers medical expenses and loss of wages for employees and volunteers that are injured in Board approved activities. Whether your community has no employees or a full staff of landscapers and managers, we recommend workers compensation coverage with the Volunteer endorsement.
- Employee Theft /Crime / Fidelity Insurance —This policy covers losses of money, securities or goods sustained as a result of an act of forgery, fraud or dishonesty from an employee or Board member.
- MHP/RVP Business Owners Policy (BOP) — A Mobile Home / RV package policy can provide Property Coverage, General Liability, Crime, Directors & Officers, Equipment Breakdown, Mobile Homes held for rent and coverage for golf carts & lawn equipment especially written in one policy for Mobile Home and RV Parks. These policies have some unique features and coverages that make them especially advantageous for Mobile Home and RV Parks.
- Commercial Automobile — This policy covers the physical damage and liability of a community-owned vehicle used in the day-to-day operations of the community.
- Flood Insurance — Protects the insured’s property in the event of rising water. We offer flood insurance through FEMA or private flood insurance providers.
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance — extends liability coverage for an additional layer of insurance if the cost of a claim exceeds the limits of a business’s underlying primary insurance policies.
Are you confused or unsure of your current coverages?
No matter the size of your RV/Mobile Home Park, we understand your industry and make sure you have the right coverage in place for your needs. Boyd Insurance & Investment is ready to provide you and your community with Protection for Life. Russ Dozeman, Director of Sales, leads the Boyd team in offering custom-tailored insurance solutions for Mobile Home & RV Parks.
Email Russ: email@example.com or CLICK HERE get an online quote today!